Try this refreshing salad that pairs greens and proscuitto with sweet watermelon!
1 3–4 lb. watermelon, cut into 1-inch cubes
1/4 lb. prosciutto, thinly sliced
1/2 cupe pine nuts or peanuts
1/4 cup of crumbled goat cheese
1 bag mixed greens
4 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
2 tsp honey or agave
1 small onion, thinly sliced
1/8 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
Salt to taste
- Whisk together balsamic vinegar, red wine vinegar, honey and paprika in a small bowl until well blended, then store in fridge for later.
- Brown prosciutto in a small non-stick pan over medium-low heat until lightly cooked, then remove and set aside.
- Combine watermelon cubes, prosciutto, nuts, onion and basil in a large bowl and toss lightly with the vinegar dressing.
- Place watermelon mixture on individual plates over a small bed of mixed greens and finish by sprinkling a little goat cheese on top.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!