Check out this easy recipe for a tangy Melon and Mozzarella Salad that is great for summertime!
2 oz prosciutto, thinly sliced (can also use ham sliced ham)
6 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 cantaloupe, cubed or balled with a melon baller
1/2 honeydew melon, cubed
6 oz fresh mozzarella, cubed
2 Tbsp thinly sliced fresh basil
2 Tbsp thinly sliced fresh mint
4 Tbsp. lime juice
2 Tbsp. honey
salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the prosciutto in 2 Tbsp olive oil in a skillet until crisp. Place on a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
- Combine the melon, mozzarella, basil and mint in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, mix together lime juice, 4 Tbsp oil, honey, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over fruit and toss to coat.
- Garnish with prosciutto.
- Serve on a chilled plate or bowl.