Want to try something new ? Check out this blood orange kale salad combo.
1 small bunch dino kale
4 small oranges
1 small shallot, very thinly sliced
high quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil
large flake finishing salt
- Remove stems from kale (it’s preferable to have a small bunch of dino kale, the leaves will be less bitter!)
- Wash greens, dry in a salad spinner or with paper towels and tears into manageable pieces. Massage kale to soften it. (more about massaging kale here)
- Cut peel from 3 of the blood oranges and slice into rounds.
- Combine greens, shallot slices and oranges on a plate
- Drizzle with olive oil, squeeze the juice from the remaining blood orange over the salad and generously sprinkle finishing salt over the top. Serve immediately!